6. Heart Failure
- Define the term heart failure and be aware of the common causes.
- Identify heart failure symptoms and be aware of the NYHA tool and its relation to assessment of the patient's symptoms.
- Develop an awareness of the pharmacological and non pharmacological management of heart failure.
- Be aware of advanced therapies and their role in the trajectory of heart failure.
- Recognise the psychological influences in caring for patients living with heart failure and their carers.
- Develop an awareness of the benefits and support for patients with heart failure and their families should be able to apply for.
Before you start
It is recommended that you carry out the browser health check below to check your computer has the appropriate software and settings required to use this website.
Last updated: 03/12/2013